Thursday, January 14, 2010

My chicken smells funny...



...ate it anyways!
Tell me please, what's up with that?!?! Maybe it's just me, but do you ever find yourself thinking twice about something, sometimes three or four times, and doing it even though it doesn't feel right?

For me this is a challenge that I face in more ways than "Chicken". Last night I spent over two hours preparing and baking chicken breasts for the rest of the week. I took time applying the proper seasons, juices, accents veggies and more! Once it came out of the over, it was ever so juicy and succulent and I looked forward to eating it the next day. I prepared and carefully measured my food and placed them in plastic containers and placed them in my lunch box. Ready? Set!

To my dismay, I woke up this morning and the lunchbox was still sitting on the counter. Food was deliciously ROOM TEMP! Yuck! Something told me "Dont eat it!" But my ego said that I spent all night cooking and there was no way that I was going to waste it. I told myself that if it tasted funny I would NOT eat it.

Well clearly, tasting funny is not enough because it also smelled funny. Still not enough for me not to eat it! I ate all my meals today like a good girl, funny tasting chicken and all.

When will I start to pay attention to my instincts and not eat it? Maybe after a night of tummy aches!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment